Planning Your Bet Midrash
You’ll find a number of questions below to help you organize your thoughts, ideas, and dreams for your practicum, and we strongly recommend you find a time to meet with your mentor before the end of September to start reflecting together about your dreams and schemes!
Six-to-Eight Week Planning Guide
- Create a WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY for your bet midrash:
- WHO do you want to reach?
- Do you have a particular learner base in mind?
- Is your bet midrash for a specific identity group / affinity group?
- Is your bet midrash catered to a specific kind of experience with Hebrew language / text study?
- WHAT do you want the structure of your bet midrash to be?
- Chevruta & shiur together or separate?
- How many weeks is it?
- Do you want to partner with an institution or run your bet midrash independently?
- WHERE will your bet midrash meet?
- Will you meet in person?
- What is the physical location you’ll use & what prep do you need to do to get it ready?
- Will you meet on Zoom?
- What kind of tech support & structure do you want?
- WHEN is your bet midrash?
- What are the dates?
- What time of day / how long will sessions be?
- Do you want a ‘Friends & Family’ night?
- Do you want a siyum?
- WHY are you running this bet midrash?
- What are you hoping to achieve as a facilitator?
- What aspects of COMP do you want to focus on?
- What are you hoping will happen as a result of the bet midrash?